For the first part, namely increasing speed internet connection without the help of software we could do with a way to change settings in Windows itself, among others;
- Hide images and animated images on the Firefox browser.
- Modifying the Windows registry editor.
- Modifying about: confiq Firefox browser.
- Changing proxy settings using Toonel.net.
- Disabling Network Protocol.
- Modifications QoS Packet Scheduler Windows.
While the second part, how to increase speed by utilizing the help of software, among others;
- Accelerator SpeedConnect.
- SG TCP Optimizer.
- Modem Booster.
- Speedyfox, addons Firefox browser.
- Internet Speed Booster.
- Internet Cell Boost Lite.
- Connection Booster.
- Firetune, for the Firefox browser.
- Tweak Network Settings Firefox browser addons.
- Flash & Picture Switcher, IE browser addons.
- Flashblock, Google Chrome browser addons.
- Turbo Internet Booster.
- Fasterfox, Firefox browser addons.
- Ashampoo Internet Accelerator 2.
- NoScript, Firefox browser addons.
The tricks mentioned above can be used for all Internet connections, either connection with usb modem, phone modem, or other modem, both CDMA and GSM, such as Smart, Flexi, Fren, Flash, IM2 Broom, or the connection from another operator.
All you have to note here is that the tricks of the above is more focused on managing bandwidth coming into our computer by optimizing Windows system, browser, or modem is used, so for the amount of bandwidth the incoming (received), we can not set it because was determined by the ISP in question and depends also on the internet service pack are you using / subscribing. Ok, no harm to try. Good luck!